With the season of pumpkins & chestnuts around, I was thinking to bring something for you within this atmosphere along with the flavour of cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, which I totally love. I have slightly recreated this amazing recipe from my very good friend, incredible beautiful person Lucie Kysucanova , who is a mindful coach and her whole life is about mindful activities and of course a mindful eating! Please see the recipe for you and let me know what you think about that in the comments below.
- 1/2 cup of ground oats
- 1/2 cup of spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- 3/4 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1tbsp of ground flax seeds - soak in 2tbsp of water for 10min
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree ( which I made from the baking the cut pumpkin ( facing cut side dow at 200C for 50minutes and then scoop out the soft flesh into the blender and make a nice soft puree)
- 2 tbsp of dates puree - soak the dates into the hot water and let it soften for at least 10-15minutes, then blender the dates just with couple of tbsp of the water in which they were soaked in- depends who much puree you want to make)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of the autumn season mix: 2tbsp of cinnamon, 2tsp of ground ginger, 1tsp of ground cloves, 1/2tsp of nutmeg
Mix all dry ingredient together in a large bowl.
Mix all wet ingredient in the separate bowl and then slowly start adding the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Let it sit in the fridge at least 15-30min.
Preheat the oven at 180C.
Line the baking sheet on the baking pan.Oil your fingers and start making the balls from the dough and lightly press on the baking sheet to flatten and creating nice shape of your soft cookies.
Bake for 13-15minutes.
Let them cool once they are out of the oven.Cookies are heavinly soft.
You can lightly sprinkle the dark chocolate on the top to make them absolutely adorable and nutritionally rich in flavour. I have used 90% melted dark chocolate.
Our body is the temple of our soul. Treat it softly and nourish it richly with the nutritions, in order to create the balance within, which can be then reflected into your daily life.